Last week was a busy one so I am just getting a chance to update you all on what was happening in Ben’s world at 16 weeks! He’s been doing all kinds of cool stuff!! It is so much fun to watch him grow and change. Here are a few highlights:
- He has gotten VERY GOOD at grasping things with both hands. His favorite toy right now is his rattle we call “Sassy.” Sassy is the brand name (not very creative, I know). Click here to watch the clip. He also LOVES to grab my hair which can be a little painful a times.
- He is also learning to hold his head up for longer periods of time. Therefore, he is starting to like his Bumbo seat more and more!! Check out these Bumbo seat progression pictures. (Uncle Tim w/ Ben at 5 weeks, Ben at 13 weeks, Ben at 16 weeks.)
- He really enjoys sucking on his fists! His poor little knuckles look red A LOT since he sucks on them so much! If his fists are not in his mouth, I usually see him with his two little hands clasped together in front of his face. Here’s his 16 week picture that seems to capture his new love for his little fist.
- He has lots of fun during tummy time as seen in the clips here with Dakota. He has even been attempting to roll over. It won’t be much longer before he is doing it all on his own. Click here for a clip. When you watch this clip you will find yourself cheering him on!!
- He loves to be cradled in my arms and then stares up at my face. He could beat anyone in a staring contest! He also has started something new while he’s eating. He will eat for a second or two and then pull his head back and give me a big grin and repeat this little game over and over again. This is usually my way of knowing he has had enough to eat!
- He is very observant. I put a clock on his nightstand next to the rocking chair in his room last week. The first day it was there he would look at it and then look at me as if to say, “Hey, that’s new and it makes some kind of weird ticking noise!”