Here’s that “Happy Birthday to me” post you’ve all been waiting for! Sorry to write such a bummer of a post yesterday. I had some lab work done that morning and I guess I just had kidney stones on my mind and thought I’d write about them. So here’s a happy post all about my 30th birthday!!
Wow, I can’t believe I’m 30! I know what you all must be thinking…30…she doesn’t look a day over 21!! (Ha Ha) Here are some things that made my day extra happy!
- Ben had a special surprise for me by waking up at 6:45 AM (about 30 minutes early)…I am pretty sure I heard “Happy Birthday, Mama” coming through the baby monitor. He just wanted to make sure he was the first to wish me a happy birthday.
- We ate glazed donuts with chocolate icing and coffee from Dunkin’ Donuts for breakfast! (I remember eating 6 glazed donuts in one sitting when I was younger…I love donuts (as if that wasn’t obvious)!! Powdered donuts were also big around our house when we were growing up. This made us very popular with our friends!!)
- I have received birthday packages and cards in the mail this week! Thank you, thank you! (Ben says thanks too…he is really in to paper these days. He loves the crinkling sound it makes so he really enjoyed helping me open the cards and playing with the envelopes!)
- I also received lots of phone calls and e-mail messages from friends and family yesterday! Thanks for making me feel so loved!
- I received one of my birthday presents early from my husband and that was our trip back to Arkansas in July! It was so wonderful to spend time back home!!
- He also surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a “day at the spa” gift!!! I hope to take advantage of that amazing gift sometime very soon!!
- We ate birthday dinner at Amura! It is our favorite Japanese restaurant. We started out our meal with edamame and a bubba roll followed by some amazing sea bass (I know what movie quote you are thinking of right now!!). It was super yummy and fun! Ben was such a good boy and he got plenty of compliments about just how good he was!
- When we returned home we ate a piece of my favorite kind of cake…Red Velvet with cream cheese icing (I just had a second piece after lunch today too)!! Thanks everyone for making my day so special and an extra big thanks to my hubby…you are the best! Your mama definitely raised you right…thanks Oma Leah!! =)
- Here are some of my favorite pictures from the night! (p.s. I couldn’t resist taking a picture of the Kobe Beef description from our menu last night. For all of you vegetarians please forgive me. If you have trouble reading it, here is part of what it says, “Kobe beef cattle eat specially selected grain, drink beer, listen to classical music, and are given muscle-relaxing massages…”). These cows have it pretty good until, well, you know.
- One last thing…I want to give a big shout out to my cousin Molly because today is her birthday!! Happy Birthday, Molly! You can read more about Molly and her husband, Dylan, and their adventures in India by clicking here.