Stone Schmone







I am so happy to report that everything went really really well today with my kidney stone procedure!  Thanks so much to each of you that have been praying for me.  I can certainly feel your prayers and have watched as the specific things prayed for were answered throughout the day!  First off, our drive to the doctor’s office was amazingly easy.  We planned for an hour and made it in about 30 minutes which is absolutely unheard of for I-4 during rush hour.  While standing in the dressing room putting on my beautiful open-back hospital gown I overheard a nurse telling the husband of a patient that his wife had been taken to recovery however she was throwing up AGAIN.  This was a little unsettling as I was getting geared up for the same procedure.  The anesthesiologist even told me that most people do experience nausea/vomiting after the procedure.  I am happy to report that I have not been the slightest bit nauseated!  Wahoo!  After the nurse anesthetist pushed the sedation medication into my IV and started to wheel me away to the operating room I asked him if it was normal to feel drowsy already and he smiled and said yes.  The next thing I knew I was waking up in the recovery room feeling nice and relaxed!  My nurses, Lisa and Sherry, were both wonderful and my doctor had lots of positive things to say about the procedure.  I will return to his office in a couple of weeks for a follow-up.  For now I am treating the mild pain with medication and am straining my crimson colored urine with the hopes of finding a little remnant of stone so that it can be analyzed to determine what exactly caused the stones.  I was not able to eat or drink anything after midnight last night.  As you can imagine I was starving after the procedure and had my heart set on a cheeseburger, fries and chocolate shake from Steak n’ Shake, however, I was sadly informed that I am not allowed to eat things like that today.  So I settled for a turkey sandwich and bottle of water instead.  Thank you all again so much for thinking of me today!  Thanks to my hubby for sitting by my side at the hospital and for helping out a ton with Ben this afternoon!!  Thanks also to Christy for watching Ben!  I’m off to take a nap!



Filed under Health, Orlando

3 responses to “Stone Schmone

  1. Yea! I’ve been checking your blog throughout the day to make sure that everything went ok. So glad to hear that it went well and was uneventful. Save that Steak n’ Shake for tomorrow. We love it too!

    Hugs to you all!

  2. jill Weikel

    Jo, i’m so glad your doing great. And glad things went so well for you an anwer to prayer. God is awsome isn’t he?

  3. Matt and Yvonne

    Glad to hear you’re doing better.

    Happy one-half birthday to Ben!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s